Telangana Electric Vehicle & Energy Storage Policy 2020-2030
Publication Year: 2020
The ‘Telangana Electric Vehicle Policy & Energy Storage Policy 2020-2030’ builds upon FAME II scheme being implemented since April 2019 by Department of Heavy Industries, Govt. of India, where it also suggested States offer fiscal and non-fiscal incentives to further improve the use case for adoption of EVs.
The vision of this EV Policy is to make Telangana a hub for Electric Vehicles & Energy Storage Systems. The main objectives of the policy released on 29th October 2020, are:
(1) To reduce the total cost of mobility by increasing the adoption of Electric Vehicles in public transportation, 2 & 3 Wheelers, 4 wheelers, Light Commercial Vehicles & Shared Transportation
(2) Promoting a shift from dependence on fossil fuels which are mostly imported and expensive with unreliable supply during times of crisis, to reliable domestically produced renewable energy which is less expensive.
(3) Make Telangana state the preferred destination for Electric Vehicle, ESS and component manufacturing.
(4) To make Telangana a major base for EV & ESS sectors and to attract investments worth $ 4.0 Billion and create employment for 120,000 persons by the year 2030 through EVs in shared mobility, charging infrastructure development and EV & ESS manufacturing activities.
(5) Generate demand for battery storage solutions by driving EV adoption incentives and supply-side incentives for battery manufacturing.
(6) To proactively support the creation of EV charging Infrastructure in the initial phase and eventually create a market for commercially viable EV Charging business.
(7) Promote Recycle and Cascading of Batteries
(8) Develop Telangana as a global centre for cutting-edge research and innovation in Electric vehicles, battery technologies and other emerging technologies such as Autonomous/Connected vehicles
Publisher/Organisation: IT Electronics & Communications Department, Government of Telangana
Rights: IT Electronics & Communications Department, Government of Telangana
Theme: Policies and Regulations | Subtheme: State level
Tags: Electric Mobility Policy, Electric Vehicle Policy, State Electric Vehicle Policy, State EV Policy, Electric Vehicle Policy, EV Policy, IT Electronics & Communications Department, IT E&C Department, Government of Telangana, Telangana EV Policy, Telangana State EV Policy, Telangana, Telangana State EV Advisory Council, Telangana Electric Vehicle Policy, Telangana State Electric Vehicle Policy
Published Year: 2019
For the state of Kerala, known for its environmental sensitiveness, bio-diversity and tourist... Read More