Tamil Nadu Electric Vehicle Policy 2019
Publication Year: 2019
Tamil Nadu has the second-highest vehicle population in the country with 2.77 crore vehicles. The Government of Tamil Nadu has led many initiatives to reduce air pollution and congestion on roads. At the end of FAME Phase I, the electric vehicle penetration remained low in Tamil Nadu. Hence, a dedicated strategy to address the price of EVs, public charging infrastructure and investment in EV manufacturing and charging infrastructure was required to promote adoption of EVs in the state. The broad objectives of this policy are the following:
- Create robust infrastructure for electric vehicles including adequate power supply and network of charging points with favourable power tariff
- Promote innovation in EV for automotive and shared mobility by providing the ecosystem and infrastructure to make Tamil Nadu, the EV Hub of India
- Create a pool of skilled workforce for the EV industry through the technical institutions available in the State and create new jobs in the industry
- Make Tamil Nadu the preferred destination for Electric Vehicles and component manufacturing units including battery and charging infrastructure
- Create a conducive environment for Industry and Research Instuons to focus on cutting edge research in EV Technologies and reap the benefit from the outcome
- Recycle and reuse used batteries and dispose of the rejected batteries in an environment-friendly manner to avoid pollution.
It is the vision of the Government of Tamil Nadu to attract ₹50,000 crores (₹500 billion) of investment in EV manufacturing and creates a comprehensive EV ecosystem in the State. This Tamil Nadu Electric Vehicle Policy and a package of incentives and concessions came into effect from September 2019 and will be valid for a period of ten years or till a new Policy is announced.
Publisher/Organisation: Government of Tamil Nadu
Rights: Government of Tamil Nadu
Theme: Policies and Regulations | Subtheme: State level
Tags: Electric Mobility Policy, Electric Vehicle Policy, State Electric Vehicle Policy, State EV Policy, Electric Vehicle Policy, EV Policy, Government of Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu EV Policy, Tamil Nadu Electric Vehicle Policy, Tamil Nadu State EV Policy, Tamil Nadu State Electric Vehicle Policy
Published Year: 2019
For the state of Kerala, known for its environmental sensitiveness, bio-diversity and tourist... Read More