Maharashtra’s Electric Vehicle Policy – 2018
Publication Year: 2018
Based on the recent techno-economic developments in the EV sector and the vision of GoI, Government of Maharashtra formulated a policy for promotion of electric mobility sector in Maharashtra. Government of Maharashtra envisions to build Maharashtra as a model state in EV through this Electric Vehicle Policy – 2018.
The main objectives of this policy are:
(1) To develop Maharashtra as the leader in EV manufacturing and use of EV
(2) To create newer employment opportunities
(3) To promote export of EV, components, battery and charging equipment
(4) To promote R&D, innovation and skill development in EV Sector
(5) To promote a sustainable transport system
The Government of Maharashtra targets to increase the number of EV registered in Maharashtra to INR 5 lacs, generate an investment of INR 25,000 crores in EV, EV manufacturing and component manufacturing, battery manufacturing/assembly enterprises and charging infrastructure equipment manufacturing in the state and in turn create jobs for around 1,00,000 people by implementing this policy.
Publisher/Organisation: Department of Industries, Energy and Labor, Government of Maharashtra
Rights: Department of Industries, Energy and Labor, Government of Maharashtra
Theme: Policies and Regulations | Subtheme: State level
Published Year: 2019
For the state of Kerala, known for its environmental sensitiveness, bio-diversity and tourist... Read More