Charging Infrastructure for Electric Vehicles-Guidelines and Standards 2018
Publication Year: 2018
Government of India have taken multiple initiatives to promote manufacturing and adoption of electric vehicles in India. With the support of the government, Electric vehicles have started penetrating in the Indian Market. However, the availability of charging infrastructure is one of the key requirements for accelerated adoption of electric vehicles in India. It is proposed to encourage this by laying down an enabling framework.
The main objectives of these guidelines are:
- To enable faster adoption of electric vehicles in India by ensuring safe, reliable, accessible and affordable Charging Infrastructure and eco-system
- To promote affordable tariff chargeable from EV owners and Charging Station Operators/Owners
- To generate employment/income opportunities for small entrepreneurs
- To proactively support the creation of EV Charging Infrastructure in the initial phase and eventually create a market for EV Charging business
- To encourage preparedness of Electrical Distribution System to adopt EV Charging Infrastructure.
Publisher/Organisation: Ministry of power, Government of India
Rights: Ministry of power, Government of India
Theme: Charging Infrastructure | Subtheme: Public charging station
Tags: EV charging infrastructure, Ministry of Power, PCI, PCS, Public charging Infrastructure, Public EV Charging Stations, Ministry of power, Government of India, MoP, GoI, Guidelines, Standards
Published Year: 2019
The guidelines & standards for charging infrastructure for the electric vehicle were issue... Read More